Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Confusion and Possibilities

HI Everybody! So I received my first question as part of the Facebook residency I'm doing "48 for 48" until Oct. 3rd.

"How mny of yr FB friends do u no in RL, becuz I feel like we mst have met thru [redacted] why we share so many FB friends?"

Thanks PM'er for sending in your question, much appreciated.

This is my first question so I'm going to overlook the way you have completely butchered the only language I have ever known to the point where I fear for your future and livelihood and get right to the answer.


After careful review I can safely say that 98% of the people I have as virtual friends I have known in person. I lived before there was an internet and it was just how we did things then.

My advice: do whatever you can to keep in contact with those good, kind and connected people you consider friends. Do it more often than you think you should, call, write them and let them know how good it is to have them in your life. Otherwise you may take them for granted and loose touch and then years later something will remind you of all those really good, creative, interesting people you were once really close with and that if you try to reach out and get excited about your memories they might put a restraining order on you because they don't even remember you that well anymore. Then you will be sad for a minute but it will probably pass after a quick shot of Irish whiskey or a chocolate milkshake.

Thanks for playing and keep those questions coming. Much love to the internet for making all this possible.

(this is a picture of me waiting for your questions)


No comments: